Naples Porcelain Crowns Dentist
When damage or decay to a tooth is severe, your Naples dentist will create a porcelain crown to strengthen it or improve its appearance, restoring your problem tooth to its natural shape and size.
Crowns are commonly used to restore damaged and misshapen teeth, as well as to protect weaker teeth from breaking or becoming further damaged.Crowns require at least two appointments.
During the first appointment:
- We numb your tooth before any work is begun
- Areas are cleaned thoroughly and any decay removed
- An impression (mold) is made to create your custom crown
- A temporary crown is created from the impression and installed with temporary cement
- You’ll wear this temporary crown for 2 weeks until a dental lab creates your actual crown
During the second appointment:
- The temporary crown is removed
- The tooth is thoroughly cleaned again
- The new crown is fitted permanently to your tooth
The Modern Dentist staff will provide you with complete instructions on how to properly care for your new crown, including proper oral hygiene practices and eating habits.